Before we dive into the article here, as you might gather from the headline, I talk a lot about online courses being a key in your automated sales machine.
Whether you have an online course already and just want to sell more or you’re thinking about creating one, I’m hosting a live webinar on November 17th at 9am Pacific / 12pm Eastern all about online courses with courses guru David Siteman Garland.
Specifically, you’ll learn the 7 Steps to Creating, Promoting and Profiting from Online Courses.
I have to be honest…
One of my favorite things is the ability to make money while I’m not actually working on my business.
It’s cliche, I know.
The whole “make money while you sleep” thing.
It sounds all scammy and spammy, but it’s also real.
What’s not to like about having a business that allows you to get leads and sales on autopilot?
With an “online sales machine”, I get to do more of what I love:
I spend more time with my wife Amy, I’m outside more enjoying San Diego’s weather, and I drink my bulletproof coffee every morning…
… without feeling like I need to get busy ‘selling things’…
… and I’m about to show you the exact method I use so that you can setup an online sales machine in your business, too.
Here are a few things you’ll learn from today’s post:
- What makes up a highly-converting “online sales machine” (that runs automatically with minimal amounts of love and attention)
- The 2 types of courses I leverage in my business (and how this can impact the bottom line without tons of added stress)
- How to run automated webinars (and avoid sounding salesy and sleazy to potential customers)
- The power that running Facebook ads has for both live and streaming webinars (and the step-by-step experience you need to offer your audience to make this smooth)
Let’s get started…
I Love Online Courses
To make evergreen sales, you gotta, well, have something to sell.
For me, it’s online courses.
When I first started out, I did coaching and consulting.
I still do, but when your goal is to help as many people as possible (and make a lot of money in the process)…
Trading time for dollars just won’t let this happen.
After all, we all only have so many hours in a day.
So, an online course is a great way to remove the restriction of time while helping boatloads of people.
I currently offer two courses:
1) my flagship Facebook ads training, The FB ADvantage,
2) my total-beginner Facebook ads course, FB Ads for Newbies.
Currently I use a “launch” model for The FB ADvantage, opening enrollment a few times per year.
Newbies, on the other hand, is always open.
I like this setup for 3 reasons:
- I always have something to offer (with my entry-level FB Ads for Newbies course)
- Students who go through FB Ads for Newbies are prime candidates for my flagship course
- Because I only launch The FB ADvantage a few times a year, there’s urgency to join while enrollment is open (which helps potential customers who are on the fence to take action and get the result they’re looking for)
You can join FB Ads for Newbies through my site, and then I also have a streaming webinar where I teach beginners Facebook ads for about an hour, followed by an offer for people to further their training with the Newbies course.
And it’s this streaming webinar that starts the automated machine in my business…
Webinars are awesome.
I use them to teach, connect with people, build my email list and then to sell.
And I’ve built my business using both live and streaming webinars.
Live webinars are preferred, but since I also want a way to bring in new leads and sales while not being in front of my computer, I also offer a streaming webinar.
If you’re not familiar with streaming webinars – sometimes called automated webinars – you basically record a webinar once and then set it up so it can be streamed multiple times a day.
My streaming webinar, which is a beginner Facebook ads training, allows people to consume the workshop on their terms.
Because it’s all automated, I get to help more people this way.
And since people can enroll in FB Ads for Newbies during the webinar, I’ve just automated revenue coming into my business.
Here’s the awesome part:
You can do this too!
How To Create An Online Sales Machine Using Streaming Webinars & An Online Course
A quick recap…
- Online courses are amazing if you’re looking to package your knowledge and sell it.
- They help you scale the amount of people you work with, and the revenue can be life changing – if done the right way.
- With streaming webinars, you’re combining the power of online courses with automation. So you sell more courses with little to no more time invested (once you have the system in place).
Before we dive into this automated (funnel) system you’ll need to have in place, and the tools to make it happen, I must offer a word of caution…
Automated webinars have been given a bad rap.
If you’re using or decide to use automated webinars in your business don’t pretend that it’s live to your audience.
In my business, and I assume in yours, honesty and integrity are huge factors.
That’s why you want to be upfront with your potential customers and inform them so that they don’t think you’re “pulling one over them”.
The Four Parts Of A Streaming Webinar Funnel
This is one of the biggest objections I hear when it comes to setting up an automated webinar funnel:
“I see how powerful an automated webinar can be, but how the heck am I going to get new eyeballs on MY webinars and courses?!”
No worries here, Uncle Rick has you covered.
To unlock the power of automated webinars, we’ll tap into the hyper-targeted abilities of Facebook ads.
In just a second, I’m going to show you the flow I use.
(it will seem so simple that you’ll wonder why you haven’t done this already)
And in the next part, I’m going over the tools I use that make running a online sales machine super simple.
Here’s how the flow works in my business
Facebook ads > registration page/streaming webinar > Offer my online course FB Ads for Newbies > Sale
1. For the first part of your online sales machine, we’ll run Facebook ads to people who are a fit for your help.
It allows you to open a flood of traffic into your sales funnel.
For me, these are small business owners and digital entrepreneurs who have products and/or services…
… but need to get more traffic to them to create more customers.
2. After someone registers for a day/time that works for them, they then attend (or not) the streaming webinar so that they get a quick result and taste of the problems you can solve.
In my Facebook ads for beginners webinar, I show people how to create killer Facebook ads on less than $10 a day.
3/4. Since you’ve helped your audience get a fast result with your streaming webinar… it’s now time to offer them something that helps them get the bigger result they’re needing help with.
This is where I offer my entry-level course, FB Ads for Newbies, to learn the basics of Facebook ads inside and out.
To set this all up, it’s easy to go overboard with the tools that make this easy… and end up spending an arm and leg while wasting tons of time deciding.
That’s why I’ve laid out the tools I use and how I use them.
The Tools I Use To Run Streaming Webinars
This is a huge savior for anyone running live, streaming, and evergreen webinars.
I really don’t know where I’d be without it.
I won’t get too deep into the psychology (maybe in a future post), but you want your webinar to be special and to create an experience for attendees.
That’s where EasyWebinar comes in.
It allows you to stream your webinar an unlimited amount of times to an unlimited amount of attendees.
Although my webinar is pre-recorded, I create an event out of it… which is why I create a schedule for when my traffic can watch the webinar.
If you’re interested in checking out EasyWebinar, click here (affiliate link)
With your audience’s experience in mind, let’s move on to the next tool.
An email service provider
So that you can make sure your audience is informed about how your webinar experience works, and to follow up with them after, you’re going to want an email service provider.
Aweber, Mailchimp, Convert Kit, Get Response, Infusionsoft, etc., any are fine…
Personally, I use Infusionsoft.
It makes it easy for me to map out my webinar sequence, segment people based on whether they attended the webinar or not, and takes the pain out of following up.
In order to make it easy for people to register for your webinar (and also be added to your email list at the same time), you’ll need to create a landing page.
Let’s talk about how to make this super simple.
Registration page (OptimizePress)
Making websites and webpages can be overwhelming.
Everyone thinks you should know how to code… and on top of that, know how your page layout should be so that it walks your traffic through signing up for your list.
Now, I don’t know about you… but I don’t have 4 years (nor any interest!) to get a web development degree.
That’s why I’m a huge fan of OptimizePress.
As someone who requires speed in my business, I can hop into OptimizePress, make a landing page, copy/paste my sales message into it… and hit publish.
It’s that easy.
Don’t waste time thinking about “the perfect theme” – check out OptimizePress and don’t look back.
LeadPages (for Thank You page)
When someone signs up for my webinar, it’s just the beginning of the process.
I want to be clear in what they just signed up for, who I am, and what to expect.
That’s why I like having a simple (but effective) page to send my traffic to after signing up (it’s also where the Facebook conversion tracking pixel goes!)
LeadPages makes this a breeze.
Many of you reading this are already familiar with LeadPages, or are using it in your business already.
LeadPages offers hundreds of landing pages and even allows for you to sort by conversion rate.
For super simple landing and thank you pages, LeadPages is the way to go. (affiliate)
Key to Creating Passive Income & Leads
As a rundown (and for those of you who scrolled down to this conclusion), let’s recap what we just went over:
- Webinars are one of the most effective ways to get more leads and sales in your business, and they can be automated to create an “online sales machine”
- Combining Facebook ads with streaming webinars and an online course is A KEY to unlocking passive sales and lead generation in your business
- To be successful with streaming webinars, we MUST be honest and upfront with our audience and not lead them to believe the event is LIVE
- Setting up an online sales machine doesn’t have to be hard, as long as you use the right tools off the bat… and don’t waste time searching and sorting through the hundreds of options online
Live Webinar: 7 Steps to Creating, Promoting and Profiting from Online Courses
Whether you currently have an online course (and just want to sell more) or you’re thinking about creating a course and are overwhelmed by the idea (I hear you on that!)…
I’m hosting a live webinar on November 17th at 9am Pacific / 12pm Eastern all about online courses with David Siteman Garland.
David’s the jedi master when it comes to online courses and he’ll be sharing the 7 Steps to Creating, Promoting and Profiting from Online Courses.