Frank is recognized by BusinessWeek as the ‘most famous customer service manager in the US, possibly in the world,’ and he’s built a reputation for helping large businesses improve the way they connect with customers and enhance their relationships.
He’s also the author of the book @Service: How to Attract New Customers, Increase Sales, and Grow Your Business Using Simple Customer Service Techniques. (Amazon affiliate)
In addition to expert insight and tips, we also discuss unique case studies and real life examples of how big brands are using social media well…and not so well.
Here are the top tips and strategies that Frank and I discuss, that you can take and put into action immediately for your own business:
- Listen to your customers and perspective customers. What’s important to them as opposed to what’s important to you. If you take that information and actually utilize it in your business, you can have really good success and improve your products. You can improve the way you interact with customers. You can even learn from your customers.
- Take what you do in person really well and start doing that in the social media space. If you do that with the passion that drove you to create your business, you will win.
- Winning in social media is if your consumer is willing to talk about you, not you spewing some message.
- If someone is talking publicly about or giving your brand a negative review, recognize that they’re just passionate. Tap into that passion and thank them for their feedback. Let them know how you utilized their feedback to change the experience going forward.
- When looking at ways to measure your social media efforts:
- You can measure the business impact of social media, like listening. You can measure how many people you are able to assist. How are you growing that? How are you building trust in that?
- You can also measure by realizing the things that are broken in your business and then implementing fixes. You can in-turn measure the revenue it gave you or the cost savings it gave you. These all have a direct business impact.
- Understand the different social media platforms and how they may fit into your business. Use the search functionality in those platforms and join the conversation and interact with people in your niche.
- Find what makes your brand remarkable and then teach your employees how to do it on a consistent basis. That’s what becomes a key differentiator for you.
Links discussed during the interview
Follow Frank on Twitter: @FrankEliason
Frank’s personal website: FrankEliason.com
Frank also blogs at Social Media Today: http://socialmediatoday.com/
Email Frank: Frank@FrankEliason.com
Get Frank’s book: @Your Service: How to Attract New Customers, Increase Sales, and Grow Your Business Using Simple Customer Service Techniques (Amazon affiliate)
iTunes Review + Rating
If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Your taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it.
Thanks very much!
Until next time, keep rockin’.