A few shows back I did a Quick Tip episode, which talked about how specific you should be getting when it comes to your Facebook Ads targeting. It raised a lot of questions from listeners who messaged me and asked how to go about finding target audiences in Ads Manager, which is why I wanted to do this show today.
A lot of people think they have to be as targeted as possible, but this is really no longer the case with Facebook. You want to be targeted, but you’re going to want to give more data to Facebook’s algorithm so it’ll find that target audience who are looking to convert if that’s what your objective is.
In this episode, I share how I approach finding target audiences for my Facebook Ads, and I take you through my entire process for doing this.
The key here is that you’ve got to do the work up front, and that research will give you a clear and holistic understanding of your target audience. If you’re currently managing ads for other people, you’ll have to do the exercise I talk about today for your clients as well.
Like a lot of things on Facebook, targeting best practices are constantly changing, which is another reason while you’ll want to listen to and subscribe to this podcast, as well as be a customer of my other programs and products related to paid advertising.
Before we start the show, I’ve got something to ask. How do you listen to this podcast? Is it in the iTunes app, Stitcher, Spotify or maybe iHeart Radio? Do you listen to it at regular speed, or maybe like me you listen to your podcasts at 1.5X speed? I want to know! Take a screenshot of you tuning in to The Art of Paid Traffic, and include it on your Instagram Story, while tagging me, @RickMulready!
Want to win a 30-minute strategy session with me? I’ll be drawing one winner at random each month, and all you have to do is give me your feedback on this podcast over at http://rickmulready.com/messenger, telling me what you’d like to hear more of – including topics you’d like to see covered, guests, style and frequency of the show!
On the Show Today You’ll Learn:
- Why defining who your target audience is should be your very first step
- A killer website for getting ideas for your ad copy
- An example of how I would do niche targeting in a specific industry
- A free tool inside Facebook Ads Manager that I use to mine for data when researching my target audience
- My process for building an overarching list of targeting opportunities that is the beginning iterations of potential ad sets
- The number of people I want in my ad sets and why I want a bigger number when my objective is conversions
- The reasons why I usually start with my warm audiences and the order I like to follow
- What to do when you see a good Facebook ad that could be relevant to your business displayed in your newsfeed
Coming up on the next episode I have a Quick Tip where we’re going to be talking about why more leads isn’t always the answer to increasing the amount of revenue in your business, and I’ll take you through an example of what we’re doing here in my business around this concept.
Links & Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Got A Question You Want Answered On the Podcast?
Ask your questions or let me know if there is a topic or guest you’d like to hear from in the comments below or click here to visit my contact page and submit your question there for a chance to be featured on one of my upcoming Q&A episodes.
Subscribe to The Art of Paid Traffic on iTunes and/or Stitcher
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!