On today’s episode, we’re continuing our Messenger Marketing mini-series, and I’ve got a special guest here to share his expertise. I’m joined by Ethan Sigmon, who is the founder and CEO of Opesta.
Opesta is a Facebook Messenger marketing and automation platform and I believe so strongly in it that not only am I using Opesta fully in my business, but I’m also an advisor to Ethan’s company. If you’re intrigued by what you’ll hear in this episode and you’d like to get a free trial with Opesta, you can go to http://www.rickmulready.com/opesta (please note that this is an affiliate link, so if you do end up signing up, I do receive a small commission that will go to supporting this podcast).
In this episode, Ethan and I dive into things like how you can calculate the value of a Facebook Messenger subscriber, and why this is so important to know. We look different Facebook Messenger funnels that are crushing it right now, what are some of the mistakes that people are making with Messenger marketing and how you can properly use a “comment to Messenger” strategy.
There are huge opportunities to take advantage of when it comes to Facebook Messenger marketing, and this episode is jam-packed with great information to help you do this. As I shared last week though, Facebook Messenger marketing is not the solution to a broken funnel and there is a lot to consider when starting to use these strategies, which we’ll be covering here today.
Before we start the show, I’ve got something to ask. How do you listen to this podcast? Is it in the iTunes app, Stitcher, Spotify or maybe iHeart Radio? Do you listen to it at regular speed, or maybe like me you listen to your podcasts at 1.5X speed? I want to know! Take a screenshot of you tuning in to The Art of Paid Traffic, and include it on your Instagram Story, while tagging me, @RickMulready!
Want to win a 30-minute strategy session with me? I’ll be drawing one winner at random each month, and all you have to do is give me your feedback on this podcast over at http://rickmulready.com/messenger, telling me what you’d like to hear more of – including topics you’d like to see covered, guests, style and frequency of the show!
On the Show Today You’ll Learn:
- Why Ethan transitioned from the agency side of Facebook ads marketing to move into Facebook Messenger marketing
- The gaps and limitations he noticed with Facebook marketing that led to him creating Opesta
- Why having high traffic to your website is useless unless you have this one thing
- His tips and strategies for building both a Messenger list and email list, and why you need to focus on developing both
- The “Do’s and Don’ts” with Messenger marketing and how you can stay compliant with Facebook (and not annoy your potential customers in the process)
- A Facebook Messenger giveaway strategy owners of e-commerce stores can take advantage of to boost engagement and sales
- What approvals are going to be needed to use subscription messaging in January 2019 and how to do request this from Facebook
- How Opesta differs from other platforms like ManyChat
Links & Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Instagram.com/RickMulready/ *direct message for info on Accelerator Group Program
Screenshots of the steps to get approval from Facebook for subscription messaging permissions:
Got A Question You Want Answered On the Podcast?
Ask your questions or let me know if there is a topic or guest you’d like to hear from in the comments below or click here to visit my contact page and submit your question there for a chance to be featured on one of my upcoming Q&A episodes.
Subscribe to The Art of Paid Traffic on iTunes and/or Stitcher
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!