If you run a lot of paid traffic, you know that managing all the tags, pixels, tracking and analytics can be overwhelming.
It’s a lot to keep track of especially when you’re using multiple platforms and making changes to your campaigns on a regular basis.
Well, Google Tag Manager (GTM) may be just the solution you’re looking for.
In episode 97 here on The Art of Paid Traffic, we geek out on Google Tag Manager and how it can help simplify the way you manage your paid ads.
And joining me on the show to share his expertise with GTM and how he uses it in his business is Deacon Bradley from Funnelowl.com.
Deacon specializes in helping entrepreneurs create systems in their business that bring in leads and sales. He’s also a super smart guy with Facebook ads and is one of the very few who I’m willing to refer people to for Facebook ads.
My goal for this episode is to help you decide if GTM is right for you and your business.
Even if you’re not at a point where you need a solution like this, it’s worth a listen just to have a tool like GTM in your back pocket as you’re building and scaling your sales funnels.
The reason I asked him to come on the show and talk about GTM was because of the simple fact that he had to master it out of necessity — with the volume of paid ads he was running for clients, it became harder and harder to do things like:
- Remember to change a standard event code if a client updated or tested something as simple as a Thank You page
- Add Google Analytics code + FB Pixel + additional “tags” or “pixels” to track and target multiple audiences across multiple platforms
- Seamlessly continue accurately tracking everything when a client created new offerings or changed anything in their funnel
Now, Deacon relies on GTM to keep everything running smoothly.
During our conversation you’ll hear how Deacon helped me understand who, specifically, should consider using GTM, and how the tool helps marketers save time.
On today’s show you’ll learn:
- The basics of what GTM is and how it actually works
- Who should consider using GTM in their business
- How GTM can save you a bunch of time
- How Deacon saves a ton of time by setting up “triggers” in GTM
- The most useful Facebook Advertising workarounds Deacon has found since starting to use GTM
- Specific “pain points” that GTM solves for Deacon and for other marketers whose time and attention is stretched thin
- Why the future of online marketing is headed in a direction that will probably require us all to implement “tag management” systems
- And a whole lot more…
Got A Question You Want Answered On the Podcast?
Ask your questions in the comments below or click here to visit my contact page and submit your question there for a chance to be featured on one of my upcoming Q&A episodes.
Links & Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Right click here to download this episode
- Google Tag Manager
- Learn more about Deacon and the services he offers here: FunnelOwl.com
- Great YouTube channel for learning more about Google Tag Manager: Measureschool
- Deacon learned a lot from Chris Mercer. Check out Chris' website here: SeriouslySimpleMarketing.com
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!
Other Episodes You'll Like
#96: Lessons from Over $2M Spent on Facebook Lead Ads
#95: How a Local Roofing Company Increased Business by 40% with Facebook Ads
#94: Case Study: How A Local Wine & Art Party Shop Is Using Facebook Video Ads to 10X ROI
#93: Case Study: 4-Step Facebook Ads Strategy for Local Business Growth