On today’s show we’re talking about landing pages, specifically, the biggest landing page mistakes that people make (and how to avoid them).
And, joining me to share these mistakes and best practices is Jeff Wenberg. I was recently introduced to Jeff and learned that he was the Group Coaching Manager at LeadPages, where over the past few years, he’s reviewed 100s of landing pages.
With that kind of exposure to so many both good and bad (and the ugly) landing pages, I asked him to come onto the show and share with you what he’s learned over the last few years.
As you listen to the show, keep in mind…
Everything we’re talking about today is best practices for high converting landing pages and goes whether you’re using tools like LeadPages, ClickFunnels, Optimizely, Unbounce, Optimize Press, Thrive Themes, etc…
All of these tools are great. I do use LeadPages in my business, but you can be using what makes the most sense for you.
On Today’s Show You’ll Learn:
- Why a template is absolutely crucial to have before you start designing your landing page
- Optimizing images is simple to do, yet not doing it screams “amateur” to visitors of your landing page
- Your copy needs to highlight the benefit of your offer, but using too much copy may not be the best strategy to use
- “Keep it stupid simple” – hear what Jeff means by this and how to do it when it comes to your landing pages
- People need to know WHY they should sign up for your newsletter, and hear why a free resource may be a better offer to use
- If you’re going to split test on your landing page, what do you test first?
- And much more!
Jeff also shares a great reminder that when it comes to marketing, the fundamentals will always serve you better than the flashy new tricks.
And, that the key with landing pages is to just start somewhere, evolve and improve on them as you go.
Links & Resources Mentioned in this Episode
Rick’s appearance on James Wedmore & Phoebe Mroczek’s podcast (Three Mindset Hacks For Success with Rick Mulready)
Got A Question You Want Answered On the Podcast?
Ask your questions or let me know if there is a topic or guest you’d like to hear from in the comments below or click here to visit my contact page and submit your question there for a chance to be featured on one of my upcoming Q&A episodes.
Subscribe to The Art of Paid Traffic on iTunes and/or Stitcher
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!