Today’s guest is a student of mine who is sharing an amazing story of how she was able to leave her full-time job of teaching in December 2017, after almost 8 years in the classroom, due to the tremendous success of her online business.
Kayse Morris got started on what was then a side hustle 6 years ago by selling her teaching resources on Teacher Pay Teachers. After making $600 in her first year of doing it, in three years she had tripled her salary from teaching and generated 6-figures online.
In this episode, Kayse shares why she then decided to give up a stable teaching job and make the leap into full-time entrepreneurship. In her words, she’s doing what she loves now, and it’s been a “wild ride!”
Her first launch in October 2018 generated $127,000 in revenue, selling a $397 product, and quite literally changed her life in the process. Kayse didn’t stop there though, and just a few short months later she made improvements and launched a second time with a $597 product, resulting in another $180,000 in revenue.
You’re going to hear the lessons Kayse has learned along her journey, the strategies she used for both launches, what her biggest fears were, the big mindset shifts she has made since leaving her job, and so much more.
Kayse’s story is so motivating, because she figured out a lot of how to run her business on her own, and she is now showing others how they too can leave their jobs by turning their passions into successful online businesses. She is someone who knows her audience very well, leads with value and the impact she wants to have first, and the financial results followed.
I feel like we just scratched the surface with this conversation, which is why I’ll be excited to bring Kayse back to share more of her experiences with you on the podcast!
Before we start the show, I’ve got something to ask. How do you listen to this podcast? Is it in the iTunes app, Stitcher, Spotify or maybe iHeart Radio? Do you listen to it at regular speed, or maybe like me you listen to your podcasts at 1.5X speed? I want to know! Take a screenshot of you tuning in to The Art of Paid Traffic, and include it on your Instagram Story, while tagging me, @RickMulready!
Want to win a 30-minute strategy session with me? I’ll be drawing one winner at random each month, and all you have to do is give me your feedback on this podcast over at https://rickmulready.com/messenger, telling me what you’d like to hear more of – including topics you’d like to see covered, guests, style and frequency of the show!
On the Show Today You’ll Learn:
- How Kayse was able to 10x the revenue from her side hustle in just 3 years, and her early attempts to build an email list
- The way she grew her email list from 13,000 people to 21,000 during her first launch – in just one week using an organic strategy
- The ad strategy Kayse used that resulted in a cost per lead of just over 30 cents on that first launch, with an ad spend of just $10 per day
- How she developed her course, after years of validating it, and why knowing her ideal audience inside-out was so key in her success
- What shifts she made for her second launch in order to attract the right students and cultivate a true sense of community
- The ad strategy she used for the second launch and other things she did differently for it, including using affiliates
Links & Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Got A Question You Want Answered On the Podcast?
Ask your questions or let me know if there is a topic or guest you’d like to hear from in the comments below or click here to visit my contact page and submit your question there for a chance to be featured on one of my upcoming Q&A episodes.
Subscribe to The Art of Paid Traffic on iTunes and/or Stitcher
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!