Do you have your legal systems in order? Is it the part of your business that you put off? I totally get it.
Today we’re diving into the legal side of running an online business, with lawyer and Accelerator member Jim Hart.
I asked him to join me because it’s been a while since we talked about anything legal here on the podcast. I know it can be boring, but it is SO important, and if there’s anyone who can teach us about the law without making it boring, it’s Jim.
Jim is the founder of Hawthorn Law. He is an Online Business Lawyer, Entrepreneur, YouTuber, and diehard Cleveland sports fan who has escaped the cold of Ohio to live under the Blue Skies of North Carolina. Jim is a devoted husband and father of three young kids who loves to camp, hike, run, and make YouTube videos that help online entrepreneurs get their legal house in order so that they can focus on building amazing businesses.
Jim is super approachable, super smart, and I’m so excited to sit down with him for this episode.
On Today’s Show You’ll Learn:
- The biggest legal mistakes that online entrepreneurs are making
- Things that will attract the attention of the FTC
- How you should be setting up your business from a legal standpoint
- Two things that your website absolutely needs to have
- Where you should start when it comes to protecting yourself legally
- What you need to do to protect yourself when it comes to testimonials
- The difference between copyright and trademark
- When you might want to consider copyrighting something
- What you can do when someone is pirating your course
- What the Lock It Down system is all about
Trust me, getting the legal stuff sorted out is more than worth it. Not only will you be protected if anything were ever to happen, but you’ll also have peace of mind knowing that everything in your business is set up as it should be. Definitely take time to tune in to this special episode!
Have you taken the Business Blindspot Quiz? It’s 11 questions that are going to help you uncover the blind spots in your business. Once you’ve identified them, you will receive action steps for overcoming and fixing those blind spots so that you can regain momentum and traction to reach your goals. If you want to find out what your blind spots are, go to www.rickmulready.com/quiz.
Links & Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Free Legal Audit: www.hawthornlaw.net/rick
Jim’s Flagship Course: https://www.hawthornlaw.net/toolkit
Got A Question You Want Answered On the Podcast?
Ask your questions or let me know if there is a topic or guest you’d like to hear from in the comments below or click here to visit my contact page and submit your question there for a chance to be featured on one of my upcoming Q&A episodes.
Subscribe to The Art of Online Business on iTunes and/or Stitcher
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!