MTV’s Tom Fishman, VP of Content Marketing & Fan Engagement, is my guest this week on the Inside Social Media podcast, as my journey to connect with the biggest brands in the world and share with you how you can model and adapt their social media insights and strategies continues.
Click to Listen
More About This Show
I want my MTV!
If you’re a child of the 80’s, like me, you remember that slogan, right?
I grew up with music videos on MTV. My favorites were Michael Jackson’s Thriller, Madonna’s Like a Virgin… Come on, don’t judge! They were classic videos. 🙂
Even though they don’t play many videos anymore, they’re arguably the most popular pop culture TV and digital brand around today, not to mention one of the most popular brands in social media.
That’s why I’m psyched to welcome MTV’s Tom Fishman to the show today.
Tom is the Vice President of Content Marketing & Fan Engagement where he oversees a smart strategy that has MTV leveraging social media for all their shows, personalities and the popular Video Music Awards.
In Today’s Show You’ll Learn:
- Best practices for telling the story of your business. Tom and I even brainstorm some ways MTV can take their own storytelling to the next level.
- Tom gives his “do’s and don’ts” for social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instragram and more.
- You’ll hear strategies for how to take action with the insight you glean from when you’re listening to your fans and customers on social media.
- Tom gives us a special behind-the-scenes look at the social media strategy of the Video Music Awards. The VMAs basically took over Twitter earlier this year when they had 120 US and worldwide and trending topics. Tom literally gives us the step by step breakdown of how they came up with the social media strategy.
- And of course, you’ll hear Tom’s top 3 things he would do when starting out in social media.
Nicholas Megalis has one of the top followings on Vine. Check him out.
Would You Help Spread the Word About the Podcast?
I’d be forever grateful if you helped share the podcast. Click here for a pre-populated tweet to help spread the word to your friends on Twitter. THANK YOU!
Subscribe to the Inside Social Media Podcast
Feedback on the Podcast
If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a Comment below.
If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Your taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)
Insider Show Notes: MTV Social Media Tips & Strategies
Notes will be up soon!