Neil Patel, serial entrepreneur and expert on increasing website traffic and revenue growth, is my guest this week on the Inside Social Media podcast, as my journey to connect with the biggest brands in the world and share with you how you can model and adapt their social media insights and strategies continues.
Click to Listen
More About This Show
On today’s show, I’m psyched to bring you my chat with Neil Patel.
Neil’s a serial entrepreneur and I asked him to join me because he’s an expert on getting traffic to your website. And not just through social media, either.
He’s actually known for his expertise in SEO. So I’m bringing you a bit of a different angle today in building your business online.
Neil is the co-founder of companies Crazy Egg and KISSmetrics which you may have heard of.
The Wall Street Journal calls him a top influencer on the web and Entrepreneur Magazine says he created one of the 100 most brilliant companies in the world.
And check these recognitions out…
- He was recognized as a top 100 entrepreneur under the age of 30 by President Obama and one of the top 100 entrepreneurs under the age of 35 by the United Nations.
- Neil’s also been awarded Congressional Recognition from the United States House of Representatives.
Neil’s the real deal and I’m really happy to have him on the show today.
On today’s show you’ll learn…
- How Neil helped companies like Amazon, NBC, GM, HP and Viacom, as well as sites like TechCrunch grow their revenues and traffic online.
- Neil gives his top strategies for getting people to your website.
- We talk about with all the recent changes with Google’s algorithms, what’s working right now in SEO.
- Neil shares how social media is affecting SEO today.
- He gives some specific tips about how businesses can use Instagram to promote their brand.
- And lastly, we talk about some social media tactics that are working today that maybe people haven’t quite caught on to.
Neil also shares a BRAND NEW resource he’s created called Quick Sprout University: An Easier Way to Learn Online Marketing.
He hasn’t even told people about it but he reveals it today on the show. See the episode resources below for the link to this page.
Find Neil Patel on:
Other Neil Patel Sites:
Hello Bar Web Toolbar: Get More Clicks with the Hello Bar Notification Bar
KISSmetrics: Customer Intelligence & Web Analytics
Crazy Egg: Visualize Where Your Visitors Click
Other Websites of Interest:
ProBlogger Job Board: Jobs for Bloggers
99designs: Logo Design, Web Design and More
Elance: Hire Freelancers and Find Freelance Jobs Instantly /
oDesk: Freelancers and Freelance Jobs Online
Mturk : Amazon Mechanical Turk
Would You Help Spread the Word About the Podcast?
I’d be forever grateful if you helped share the podcast. Click here for a pre-populated tweet to help spread the word to your friends on Twitter. THANK YOU!
Feedback on the Podcast
If you have any suggestions for upcoming shows or a question for an upcoming episode, leave a Comment below.
If you enjoyed this podcast, I’d be extremely grateful if you would take a second and leave me a review and rating over on iTunes. Your taking a minute to do this allows me to help more people with this podcast, so I really appreciate it (once on that page, simply click on the “View in iTunes” button to leave your review — thanks very much!)
INSIDER SHOW NOTES: Neil Patel on How to Drive Massive Traffic to Your Website
On Creating Content…
- Write content yourself and keep it simple, like you are writing for a 5th-grader.
- Problogger is a great site with quality but affordable writers that can help you with creating content.
- Use Infographics as a more visually appealing way to represent complex data.
On Increasing Traffic…
- Traffic will naturally be drawn to good quality content. The more good content you put out, the higher the probability that your site will be found.
- A good way to drive traffic from other websites to yours is by doing guest postings wherein you can link back to your website within the content.
- Share multimedia contents like Infographics by giving out the embed codes to other websites that might find your content relevant.
- Emulate Neil Patel’s 200 Outreach Program by regularly finding and communicating with people in different sectors. Tell them about your content and ask their help in promoting it.
- Reach out to 200 blogs, 200 Facebook pages, 200 Twitter accounts within your niche.
- If you have multiple properties, don’t forget to cross-promote between them.
- Drive high-quality traffic to your site by having partnerships with well-known sites.
- Having an interactive tool related to your business on your website can help increase engagement, make your visitors spend more time on your site, and cause you to have more repeat visitors.
On Social Media’s Effect on SEO…
- Social media’s main role is get more search traffic via likes, RTS, etc.
- You can enable and show authorship in Google search results by associating your content with your Google+ profile.
- Getting more traffic from popular social media sites like FB and Twitter equals better chances of someone linking bank to your site and increasing your search traffic.
On Social Media Strategy…
- Just go out there and promote your content on the social web.
- In choosing a platform, look at where your audience and ideal customers are.
- You can’t go wrong by just being on Facebook, Twitter, and Google +, or LinkedIn for B2B companies.
- Focus on engaging instead of linking. Don’t just flood your social media with links to your site, reply to other people and share good content from other sites.
- Add well known and successful people to your social web circle.
- Use Click to Tweet to make it easy for people to share your content.
- Leverage Instagram or Pinterest to show the more personal side of your brand. Instead using these sites as a catalogue, promote the story of your company by showing your company culture, people, activities, etc.