Online Marketing Growth Manager
We’re hiring a full time virtual (work from home) Digital Marketing “Growth” Manager!
An applicant must be familiar with the online marketing space, specifically selling and marketing online digital courses, coaching programs, growing a podcast and more.
This is an employed, salaried position. Expectation is for 40 hours over five days a week, and must be available between 9a – 4p PST Monday – Friday.
Additionally, we run several live events per year that may require your in-person assistance.
During promotional periods (typically a maximum of two weeks at a time), the whole team goes into the all-hands-on-deck mode. This means evenings and weekends until the job is done, and it may even mean doing tasks that aren’t normally contained within the job description of this role. For many, this can be some of the most challenging and rewarding work that we do.
We don’t hold you accountable for simply doing the work, but rather for the results you create. You’ll always know exactly if you’re winning or not.
For this position, your main result is to maximize the growth of our brand, podcast, online digital course sales and coaching, by optimizing our current marketing channels and developing new strategies.
By creating new connections, developing new strategies and constantly being up on who our audience is, the Digital Marketing “Growth” Manager will open the door to new opportunities for the business and increase sales of all digital products.
To create this result you will:
- Grow brand recognition through both paid (in conjunction with ads manager) and free marketing strategies
- Strategize, plan, and execute podcast and social media growth strategies in conjunction with CEO. Instagram is first priority then other platforms that align with goals.
- Innovatively suggests on brand, drool-worthy podcast topics, PDF resource topics and more with minimal supervision
- Researches and develops new growth strategies
- Listens to The Art of Online Business Podcast weekly and develops a deep understanding of our current and prospective new students
- Strategizes and executes all email marketing and sales funnels, including list-building and podcast lead magnets
- Works with the CEO to create and execute strategic projects and tasks that can grow the business
- Self directed and is able to create content frameworks and execution plans with minimal supervision
- Strategically works with our Facebook Ads manager to ensure ROI positive launches and list building strategies
- Analytics: Constantly tracking and reporting to the CEO on marketing analytics and metrics, making suggestions for improvement based on your findings in these reports.
- Copywriting: Light email copy and social media posts
- Creates and implements strategies for re-purposing all existing content including podcasts, FB/IG videos, free classes, etc
- Primary point of contact for affiliates ensuring they have a seamless experience in working with our business. Includes Affiliate center, and until further notice, pays affiliates monthly.
- Ensures website is updated and properly maintained so that it accurately reflects our brand and maximizes our marketing efforts
- Help with live retreats as needed
- Set up and improve marketing systems, and continue to improve flow and process over time
You will be wildly successful if you have or are the following:
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively (we have a high standard of excellence)
- Solution oriented (we expect everyone to solve their own problems before asking for help)
- Organized (there are so many moving parts that you need to be able to keep track of everything and be looking ahead to what’s coming next)
- Detail oriented (working in our back-end systems can be tedious at times but critical for things to be set up correctly. You must be willing to implement and then test for success). You have high standards and mediocre is not a word in your vocabulary.
- Excellent tech skills (this is an online business, which means you’ll have to excel at our online marketing platforms and be willing and able to learn those that you don’t know).
- Currently we use platforms like ConvertKit, Kajabi, SamCart, HelpScout, ClickUp, Airtable, and more…
- You’re a thinker and a doer. You don’t need to be told what to do — you’re innovative, resourceful, and able to anticipate what needs to get done and then do it.
- You must be a self-starter with the ability to be productive from your home office or coffee shop. Getting distracted by mindless Instagram = is not an option.
- A positive, high-energy attitude and get it done mindset that searches for solutions instead of focusing on struggles is essential. You think about your work in terms of outcomes and results, not hours worked.
- Responsive and communicative. You know how to close the loop and confirm assignments are received and completed.
You will be in line with our values:
If we say we’re going to do something, we do it. We follow-through on what we say and are doing, we keep to deadlines and see things through to completion. We take 100% responsibility for your actions and aren’t into blaming others.
- Creative Problem Solver
We are creative problem solvers and thinkers and aren’t afraid to take initiative when we have ideas we think will help the business. We are resourceful, willing to make suggestions, seek out new ideas while coming to the table with new ideas and are outside-the-box thinkers.
- Ability to Adjust + Adapt
Our business is one that moves quickly and stuff just, well, can come up that we don’t expect. So we adjust, adapt and move on while laughing about the lessons we’re learning. We believe that everything is possible.
- Service to Our Customers
We realize that without our customers, we don’t have a business. We realize that our customers are helping us create a bigger impact in the world. We work hard to make our customers feel valued, respected and appreciated.
- Fun/Team Player
It’s pretty damn cool that we get to work from wherever on our laptops while helping people grow their business and improve their lives. So, finding the fun in everything we’re doing, even when things might seem tough, is our default. And, we don’t take it personally and get upset if someone jumps in to help us out with a project.
If you’d like to be considered for this role please submit the below, with your assessment results from #2 & #3, via email to [email protected].
(Please include the word “coffee” in the subject line of your email so we know you’re paying attention)
- PDF of your resume
- Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type. You can take the assessment here if you don’t know it.
- Take the DISC assessment here
- A short video telling us why you think you’d be a good fit for this role (We will not review videos longer than 3 minutes).
- Responses missing any of the above will be immediately disqualified.