Today’s guest recently posted in the Foundations Facebook Group about the success she was having with her Facebook ads, and I knew that I had to feature her here on the podcast. Kate Dillon is in a very niche market (in fact, she’s known as the “Girl Who Sells Race Car Parts”) and she has an e-commerce business that will break 7-figures this year. What we really cover in this episode though is her journey in starting and growing her online training business in 2019, and all the lessons that she’s learned along the way.
Kate initially created an online course for race car drivers, which she turned into a membership site in the latter part of last year. You’ll hear about the first webinars she did to promote her offering, and what happened when she really got intentional with her Facebook ads marketing (and stopped just boosting posts)!
She admits that at first, Ads Manager was “freaky and scary”, but Kate has done an amazing job running her ads to increase the number of people on her webinars, sales, as well building her list, and you’ll hear how she’s done it.
Kate uses a ton of videos in her business, and she is effective at using Facebook Groups in her overall marketing strategy, among other things. You’ll really want to listen for how she knows her target audience so well. It’s this knowledge that drives all of Kate’s messaging and marketing to an audience that isn’t used to purchasing online course offerings and training’s.
I can’t wait to see how Kate progresses this year, and I got so much insight from what she had to say in this conversation. There is so much good stuff she shares here that you can start using in your own online business too!
Before we start the show, I’ve got something to ask. At this time we have over 500 5-Star ratings and reviews on Apple Podcasts, which is great, but I’ve set a goal to get 750 of them now by the end of this year, December 31st, 2019. If you’ve gotten value from this podcast, I’d really appreciate you subscribing and leaving an honest rating and review. Take a screenshot, share it on your Instagram Stories and tag me, @rickmulready. When we hit the 750 ratings and reviews, I’ll be raffling off a book bundle of my top 10 business and mindset books for one lucky winner. If you’ve already left a rating and review, just take a screenshot and tag me on Instagram, and you’ll be eligible to win as well!
Want to win a 30-minute strategy session with me? I’ll be drawing one winner at random each month, and all you have to do is give me your feedback on this podcast over at http://rickmulready.com/messenger, telling me what you’d like to hear more of – including topics you’d like to see covered, guests, style and frequency of the show!
On the Show Today You’ll Learn:
- How Kate got into the race car business, after getting her degree in interior decorating and working in architecture for 7 years
- What really opened her eyes to the amazing opportunities available in the online space
- The lessons Kate took from a previous “failure” and the ultimate dream she has for her online business
- What the process of launching her first course looked like, and why she says that creating it was the “easy part”
- The way she pivoted to offering a membership program, what her first webinar experience was like, and the way she upped her Facebook ads game for the second one
- All the stats from her webinar, including ad spend, cost per lead and her insane conversion rate
- What to consider when determining what audiences to target and messages to use with them, plus the challenges Kate faced in her marketing to her own niche
- How Kate is continuing to build her email list in order to achieve even more success this year
Links & Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Got A Question You Want Answered On the Podcast?
Ask your questions or let me know if there is a topic or guest you’d like to hear from in the comments below or click here to visit my contact page and submit your question there for a chance to be featured on one of my upcoming Q&A episodes.
Subscribe to The Art of Online Business on iTunes and/or Stitcher
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!