On today’s episode, I’ve invited on my friend Suzanne Dibble, who’s a business law expert in the UK, to break down what you need to know and do about the EU’s new General Data Protection Regulation. It seems as though not many people in the United States are talking about GDPR, but for those of us with online businesses, this is something we need to understand and act on.
We’ll be covering how it applies to Facebook ads and the Facebook pixel, and Suzanne will be sharing the steps we need to take to be GDPR compliant.
She’ll also reveal what effect it has on how we collect opt-ins, as well as what we need to consider with our email CRMs and other software we use daily in business.
There are a lot of legal terms in this episode, but Suzanne provides all the resources we need to get our heads around this topic. It’s such an important discussion to have because I think this is going to be the new norm for business and data protection going forward.
On the Show Today You’ll Learn:
- What the intent of GDPR is (and isn’t)
- How data controller and date processors differ, and the various responsibilities of each
- An example of a behavior that might get you into trouble…
- How adhering to this new legislation can give you a competitive advantage
- Whether or not you can tell if a company is GDPR compliant
- Why pre-ticked boxes and opt-outs might not be enough now – and what to do instead
- What potential fines and consequences will exist after May 25th, 2018
Links & Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Got A Question You Want Answered On the Podcast?
Ask your questions or let me know if there is a topic or guest you’d like to hear from in the comments below or click here to visit my contact page and submit your question there for a chance to be featured on one of my upcoming Q&A episodes.
Subscribe to The Art of Paid Traffic on iTunes and/or Stitcher
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!