Today you’re going to hear a conversation I had with an Accelerator Mastermind student, and brilliant entrepreneur, Jamie Sears. Jamie creates resources, training, and courses for teachers, as well as teacher entrepreneurs, and she’s learned so many valuable lessons of the past few years that I knew I had to bring her on the podcast to share them with you.
Jamie reveals how she turned a hobby into a super successful business, and the mindset shifts she had to make along the way that contributed to her doing this. We look at how she has completely changed the way she thinks about paid advertising, the way she grew her email list from 6,000 to 36,000 people over the course of just one single summer, her process for creating content, and so much more.
Jamie is a great example of someone who has committed to doing what’s hard in business, and not just the easy stuff, and it’s really paid off and allowed her to stand out in her niche. I really think you’re going to get a lot out of this talk I had with Jamie!
As you’ve been hearing about on this podcast recently, Brandon Lucero’s 6-part video series is now live! It’s called The Content Revolution, and it’s not only helpful, and informative, but it’s actionable! To register for free, go to https://rickmulready.com/4x.
On the Show Today You’ll Learn:
- What Jamie offers her audience, and the motivation behind it all
- The beginnings as a hobby, and how she realized it could be a viable business
- The way her mindset around paid advertising has changed – and why it’s something she can’t afford not to do.
- What Jamie did to make email marketing work for her when she created her first mini-course
- Why she says that 2018 became the “Year of Content” (and what this looked like for her)
- How Jamie has built a business around her life and the role that getting more support and investing in a team has played in this
- And more!
Links & Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Purple Cow by Seth Godin
Got A Question You Want Answered On the Podcast?
Ask your questions or let me know if there is a topic or guest you’d like to hear from in the comments below or click here to visit my contact page and submit your question there for a chance to be featured on one of my upcoming Q&A episodes.
Subscribe to The Art of Online Business on iTunes and/or Stitcher
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!