Why do so many entrepreneurs struggle with building a team? This is a topic that we haven’t talked a lot about on previous episodes of the podcast, but I’m going to be diving deep into it with my guest Theresa Loe today.
Theresa helps online entrepreneurs find, grow and then lead their own stellar teams. She helps her clients streamline the backend of their businesses so that they actually have the time to work on the vision of the company, which is at the core of the problem for most business owners looking to grow their businesses.
As you’ll hear, a lot of this comes back to us having to get past our fears around scaling and getting comfortable with being uncomfortable. The best part of all of this is that you don’t have to hire 10 full-time employees out the gate to help you, and you can absolutely do it in baby steps. You do have to get started with getting the support in your business though because you really can’t do everything yourself.
Although we covered so much in this conversation, there is still so much more I wanted to ask Theresa about scaling the right way, which is why I tell her she’ll have to come back on the show to share her advice and wisdom.
Before we start the show, I’ve got something to ask. How do you listen to this podcast? Is it in the iTunes app, Stitcher, Spotify or maybe iHeart Radio? Do you listen to it at regular speed, or maybe like me you listen to your podcasts at 1.5X speed? I want to know! Take a screenshot of you tuning in to The Art of Paid Traffic, and include it on your Instagram Story, while tagging me, @RickMulready!
Want to win a 30-minute strategy session with me? I’ll be drawing one winner at random each month, and all you have to do is give me your feedback on this podcast over at https://rickmulready.com/messenger, telling me what you’d like to hear more of – including topics you’d like to see covered, guests, style and frequency of the show!
On the Show Today You’ll Learn:
- What Theresa’s own pivot in business has looked like and how her team has helped her through this transition
- Both of our personal experiences with perfectionism and the fear of letting go
- The difference between assigning tasks and assigning responsibility, and why understanding this concept is crucial
- What to do if you have no idea where to start with hiring your first employee or contractor
- Theresa’s tips and strategies for the interview process, including why she prefers video interview over phone interviews and why behavioral-based questions are so powerful
- How you can hire on a trial basis and assign test projects to people you’re considering bringing onboard
- Whether or not experience in and knowledge of the online space should be required in candidates
- A mistake I made early on around our systems and processes – and what you can do to avoid making it too
- What the role of an “integrator” looks like and when is the right time to hire one in your business
- The reasons you should always be communicating your business values with your team
Links & Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Got A Question You Want Answered On the Podcast?
Ask your questions or let me know if there is a topic or guest you’d like to hear from in the comments below or click here to visit my contact page and submit your question there for a chance to be featured on one of my upcoming Q&A episodes.
Subscribe to The Art of Paid Traffic on iTunes and/or Stitcher
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!